Monday, July 5, 2010

Salt Lake City Update

The 4th of July is my favorite holiday. Its always warm, there are no implied family obligations, always has fireworks and you get to sit around and eat flame cooked meat outside.  Its all about us being equal and proud Americans.  Having just easily quadrupled my exposed to our country over the last four months, I can say I am certainly one proud American.

A few things that I haven't mentioned:
I don't think I want to live in NYC for more than another few months when I get back.
I wish I had another 2-3 months tacked onto the end of my trip.  I want to see New Orleans, Miami, Florida Keys and more of Canada than I have allotted for. I wonder if my subletor would agree to this. If I plan it right, I can be in warm places for Nov and December.
I have a great business idea.
I wish I had 4x4 and higher clearance on my car. It seems like 50% of the land in the US is only accessible by dirt roads some of which would love to devour my little car.

Now down to business... I have 10 months left on an ATT contract which comes with tons of roll over minutes.  I have three days to decide what to do with it.   Its going to cost me $105 to get out of it.  I've already tried a hail Mary attempt at forcing them to let me out and it didn't work.  All I have left is that I'm pretty sure they couldn't produce my signature on a document since I signed up with Cingular (which then merged with ATT). BUT someone can rescue me if they want to change plans, I can give you ATT at their old prices, and with rollover minutes and a much shorted contract than they'd require otherwise.  A Blackberry Bold could be worked into the deal too.

I am posting this entry and created the map below by tethering my blackberry with my laptop so my blackberry is like a wireless modem working over Verizon's mobile network. Now let's see how it works in the woods!

I'm going to go cruise Salt Lake City for the afternoon and stop in and say hello to the Amy, who hosted the BBQ and fireworks viewing that Kyle (couchsurfing) invited me to.

I need to find a few things in Salt Lake today. A) the cheapest place to live B) the place I'd go sailing C) a non-Mormon girl, LOL

Enjoy the Map:
Breckenridge to Salt Lake City


View Breckenridge, CO to Salt Lake City, UT in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment