Sunday, October 24, 2010

Houston

So the road from Austin to Houston was cattle and oil/gas rigs.  Even in town there are oil rigs.  I had arranged to stay at another one of Jon's (formerly of Brooklyn) friends places.  This one is Courtney, a friend from back in high school.  He lives outside of the central city in a rental addition that is connected to a nice Mexican family's house.  It was at the end of a cul-de-sac and had a huge open area for Max next to it.

I went to his grandfathers town in La Grange, TX to pick up special venison sausage.  It was awesome.

Courtney is a very interesting guy: musician, producer and science geek.  His religious beliefs lead us on a on  hunt for a rooster the second day I was there.  There is a lot more to the story if any one is interested!  I learnd a lot from Courtney in the short amount of time that I was with him.

We toured around downtown Houston and went to the Montrose district to bar hop and hand out with some of his friends who he plays music with.  Houston is super spread out, has little or no zoning, and has a thick air that I'm not used to at all.  It was also really hot and humid the days I was there.

I got to meet up with Nadine, also from coushsurfing, and from the Danimal experience in Flagstaff.  That being said, she is good friends with CJ, so I was a little nervous that I was going to be in hot water for the potential mess I left in Austin (which I now have been reassured was not a big deal).  We went to Angora Cafe, then went to one of Houston's premier dog parks (which wasn't that special to us sophisticated dog park travellers).  After dinner we said our farewell.  It was really cool to hang with Nadine.  She is a real traveller and a great spirit.

So I was off to New Orleans....

2 comments:

  1. I may take "Jon formerly of Brooklyn" as my nom-de-guerre. Glad you um, saw a lot of urban texas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cara Mengetahui Ayam Aduan Yang Akan Menang Dalam Permainan Sabung Ayam Online

    Informasi Terlengkap Mengenai Sabung Ayam
    http://sateayambv.blogspot.com/2018/10/tips-untuk-mengetahui-jenis-ayam.html/

    ReplyDelete