Saturday, August 7, 2010

Tofino

So its a nice day in Tofino when then clouds thin enough that you wish you had a hat to shade the glare. I haven't worn my sunglasses since I got here and haze, fog and this mornings rain mist we par for the course for a Tofino August.

Coming from the East Coast, this is weather is unacceptable for a place that bills itself as a vacation resort spot, especially in a peak month... But the place is packed and I have had to strategically place myself at the two resorts I've been sleep parking in to avoid taking someone's precious last parking spot. The Cox Bay Resort and the Long Beach Lodge are excellent establishments. I hear that Long Beach is actually 5 star.

I got a nice 3 hour surf lesson. Stood up on my 2nd wave, LOL
I'm going to go on a second one right now.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment