Friday, March 26, 2010

So much to share, so little time to upload...

So I've been beating my head against the wall in Farmville with Wi-Fi connections. The files I have to upload for the videos are all in the hundreds of megabytes and it can take 2-4 hours on a slow connection. It is also possible to upload 99% of th file and then have it fail. This has been the case at McDonalds, Applebee's and a few other no-namers.

I got to hang out at an off campus apartment yesterday with four college students from Longwood College here in Farmville. They hate the school and the town but I'll give you my own reasons... They have filled the twon with thier own Wi-Fi signal, made it a private, certificate enforced sercurity protocol and then only allow students access if they bought thier PC through the univerity. WTF?!? And I though Fordham had been out of touch.

So I'm left to lurk in off campus college dorm parking lots, trying to catch an open signal from a students room. This is rediculous. Enjoy my first in a series of seven videos from Shenondoah...


Its getting cold here, 27 forcasted for tonight. I want to leave asap. I'm tempted to push forward with no clear plan as to my next stop. Maybe the outerbanks, then to GA. Not sure. I've gotta get out of this damn cold :(

1 comment:

  1. The highlight of the video is four minutes in, there's a deer.

    ReplyDelete