Tuesday, March 23, 2010

In Farmville

Shenondoah was great but kept nudging me to leave yesterday. Maybe it was the thunderclap that sounded next to me (not above), or the peel the paint off your car deluge I just avoided by getting to the car, or the absolutely fabulous weather I had once I got in the car and started driving south on Skyline drive to its southern terminus in Waynesboro VA. Either way, it was clear that it was time to go.



So I got our cousins family farm (circa 1790) last night near twilight so I just walked around for a little and called it an early night in the car.

There is barely cell service on the farm and no wifi to tap, so I'm off to explore farmville on this rainy day.

And as to what actually brought me to pick up my blackberry to send this post??? An observation: If you sleep in your car, the windows will be so fogged up you will never have an escape vehicle you might think you do because you will have to defrost for 10 minutes just to make out your windshield wipers. Maybe I'll crack the windows tomorrow.

So sleeping in your car isn't free... It takes 15minutes of idling gas per night. Do the math and its probably half a bottle of mini-bar anything at a motel! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment