Sunday, March 7, 2010

Great Falls

So Max has been getting some good exercise.  The family friend (Jeanne) whose house I stayed at in Tacoma Park had a huge fenced in backyard for such an urban home.  There was also a school with a field 3 blocks away that we walked to Saturday night.  Then today we were at the ball field you see in the car tour movie (previous post) for about a half hour waiting to meet up with a friend from High School.  She has a female doberman and a small female mastiff.  We drove to Great Falls and took a nice three hour hike to the Potomic River.  The river was running really fast given that DC is about 10 days from its highest ever recorded snowfall and it was 60 degress today. 
So this was my first National Park experience with Max.  He was off the leash half the time in the woods, and always on the leash in the developed areas and near the river/tow path where there were a lot of people.  The one obstacle to having the dog is that there were no dogs allowed on the bridge that spans the best gorge we saw. So i had to get my fill from the sidelines.

So now im in Alexandria at my aunt's place (Kris).  She has a furnished one bedroom apt in her house that is vacant, so Max and I are spending at least one night here.  I'm going to visit my step mother, my just turned 21 cousin who shares my birthday, a college friend and even see my mother who is coming down from Boston on Wednesday before I leave the DC area.

Where to next? Any suggestions between here and Georgia?

And why can't blogger have spellcheck if gmail can? Not that I always use the spellcheck in gmail...

No comments:

Post a Comment