Friday, December 18, 2009


So today I accomplished a few things:
I purchased a pair of prescription eyeglasses. They are sturdy and sexy, and thats not something you can combine too often. I went to framesdirect.com and dealt with Dianna. She was so helpful. These new glasses are now my backup pair to the 2nd oldest piece of gear going on my trip... My original prescription sunglasses that I can remember getting in 1999. They are well built and the example I use when I try to explain to people that I take care of my stuff. The metal frames on my old glasses have started to rust when they sit on my ears, from years of sweat. I put shrink wrap tubing (from radio shack) on the last half of the arms of the glasses and it worked just great. So now I have a sexy pair for Miami :)

I also inflated the tires on the bike and took it for a spin in the park. 'It works' is about all I can say. My seat is like new (gel with springs in the back), the rack in the back is rusted on (I guess that is good), and after I adjust the brakes and get the derailer accessing all the gears again, I will take it out.

I added Google Latitude to the blog. It's a test for now (I don't need anyone stalking me across NYC), but once I get on the road, It will be a cool Dick Tracy like tool to play with.

I told a bunch of people about the blog and watched zero TV (for a change).

Did I mention I'm open to camping/car food suggestions?  There are a lot of lunches and dinners on the road ahead of me...

I also should mention a cool traveling related documentary that I got via Netflix and watched last night. Its not my mode of travel, nor my intensity level, but the movie Catching Out was enlightening. I agree with other reviewers that I'd really be more interested in the train riders techniques, like how they cook outdoors while traveling 60 mph.

Here is today's random link: I'd be so proud if Max scored one of these in the woods (on a 6ft leash of course, LOL).

1 comment:

  1. I love your use of Google Latitude and am going to try it out on my Blackberry. Supposedly it will send me a text message if we ever near eachother in the city. Let's see how well it works.

    ReplyDelete